Pairing modern architecture with a highly configurable layout and thoughtful integration with the Microsoft Cloud, organizations can adapt ITRAK to their ever changing workflow requirements without the need of technical intervention.
What is ITRAK?
What processes is ITRAK used for?
- Incident Management
- Hazard Identification
- Audits and Inspections
- Training and Certification Tracking
- Competency Management
- Corrective Actions
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Meetings
- Incident Reports
ITRAK can also be customized to other processes within an organization such as Onboarding, Management of Change and Change Requests.
What makes ITRAK unique in the QHSE software industry?
- Advanced mobile QHSE capabilities for phones & tablets (including disconnected use)
- Organization standardized on Microsoft and Cloud technologies
What is the typical size of an ITRAK project?
What kind of companies can use ITRAK?
How is ITRAK accessed?
- 1. Web Portal - many users will access ITRAK through any web browser for daily activities to enter and view information through electronic forms
- 2. Mobile Applications - native mobile applications extend process onto phones and tablets and operate even when disconnected from the network
- 3. Administration Interface - advanced users can configure ITRAK to specific processes by adding new forms, reports, and tailoring workflows
ITRAK Training and Certification
- Training & Exams
- Job Safety Analysis
- Job Role Competency Management
- Human Resources Information
- Employee Records
- Standard Operation Procedures